The role of Logistics Administrator is to be the first point of contact and provide administrative support to a dedicated list of key customers. The Transport Administrator must liaise with transport planners to schedule deliveries and communicate any changes and potential delays. Reports and paperwork must be issued in accordance with agreed company and customer timeframes.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Act as first point of contact and provide administrative support to a dedicated list of key customers.
· Liaise with transport planners to schedule deliveries. Advise customers as quickly as possible of any changes to delivery schedule including potential delays.
· Assist customers with specific requests and queries. Ensuring timely and accurate response to all queries
· Confirm delivery details for previous day’s deliveries and issue relevant paperwork/reports in
accordance with agreed customers timeframes, update stratum accordingly.
· Ensure that all additional costs and charges are issued to customers in a timely and prescribed manner.
· Ensure attention to detail on all reports and communication issued.
· Ensure that any discrepancies in job notes or instructions are rectified on transport templates.
· Upload customer jobs to stratum in advance and ensure all specific requests are included on the job details. Update weekly planning sheets accordingly.
· Ensure that drivers have all relevant paperwork for customer loads.
· Monitor progress of key customer jobs on a daily basis and report delays or other issues to customer in a timely manner
· Ensure that the Administration Manager is kept abreast of any customer issues or concerns.
· Strive for continuous improvement, efficiency and streamlining of planning operations.
· Always providing the highest standards of customer service in line with company values
· Identify and highlight to management any potential improvement opportunities.
· Attend operational and other meetings as required by management.
· Undertake any other reasonable work as required.
· Provide inputs into weekly and monthly reports for issue to Operations Director
Preferred Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Diploma in Administration
· 2 years + Administration experience
· 1 year + experience in the Transport/Logistics Industry
· Excellent organisation skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Good written and spoken English
· Ability to use initiative
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €30,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Fermoy, CO. Cork: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Office Admin: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
* If you haven’t registered your CV with EmployFlex, you can do so through the ‘Register your CV’ button. Here you can use the specific job reference to express your interest.