Cork - Little Island
Our Little Island based client are currently recruiting for the following role of a Construction Procurement Assistant / Junior Procurement Officer.
The successful candidate will be based in Little Island and will work Monday – Friday.
· Work closely with the Design & Project Teams re new materials / solutions sourced re usability and implementation on live and future projects
· Strive to continuously identify new suppliers of construction materials
· Structure variation of costs and seek agreement/approval of variations.
Protect the company’s requirements, regulatory standards and objectives as a priority when procuring materials.
· As and when required, process orders for the supply of goods and services through to completion, ensuring efficient delivery and quality as set out by production requirements
·Provide administrative assistance to the Finance and Purchasing Team
· Provide reports to the Head of Finance on meeting outcomes with suppliers identifying if supplier is to be brought to next stage in engagement process or reasons why the supplier was discounted
Contacting a range of suppliers and sub‐contractors to obtain quotations
Agreeing delivery times
Keeping detailed records and maintaining well‐organised work schedules
Assessing the reliability of sub‐contractors and suppliers
Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
Ensuring compliance with the safety, health and environment requirements of materials and services
Providing advice to the project estimator on the predicted cost of individual items
Liaising closely with the estimator at the tendering stage to ensure that an accurate project cost is provided
Preparing and maintaining cost reports in order to maximise efficiency within the business
Negotiating and agreeing the most favourable terms possible with suppliers once a contract has been secured
· Must have strong IT skills and be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word
· Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative
· Need to be capable of divergent thinking to allow existing solutions and suppliers to be challenged / reassessed
· Need to have strong verbal communication skills to ensure effective engagement with both suppliers and internal stakeholders as a means to building longstanding relationships
· Need to have an interest in construction design and construction implementation
· Previous experience in a construction buying/procurement based role would be advantageous but is not essential
· Ideally will have a Degree/Level 7 or 8 in Business or Construction related discipline
· Or a Qualification from The Irish Institute of Purchasing and Materials Management (IIPMM) Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) Full training will be provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: €41,000.00-€45,000.00 per year
* If you haven’t registered your CV with EmployFlex, you can do so through the ‘Register your CV’ button. Here you can use the specific job reference to express your interest.